- John Cherubini Jr - expert yacht design and boatbuilding consultant
- Older production fiberglass sailboats a specialty!
The 'Do or Do-Not' Survey is a cost-effective 'triage' that can prioritize needed tasks that will save you money and time in beginning or finishing a boat-repair or boat-improvement job. As contracted, the survey comprises sufficient inspection of:
- All major structural components (deck, keel bolts, mast step, chainplates, rig, rudder, etc.);
- Interior and systems configuration;
- Brightwork and condition of wood;
- Running rigging, deck layout;
- General seaworthiness, safety concerns.
The owner promptly receives a written (.pdf) assessment, including general suggestions and estimates as to the extent of work needed to remedy any faults, based on a REASONABLE and agreed-upon standard, on 40 years of boatbuilding, yacht-design, sailing and maintenance experience, and on the most frugal, conservative, responsible, and safety-conscious mentality.
This survey is intended ONLY as a cursory assessment; most insurers and lenders will require a more costly, comprehensive survey conducted by a licensed professional.
Flat rate of $195 for the first 60-90 minutes on site - much cheaper than most surveys and will probably answer most of your questions.
Covering area from Perth Amboy to Annapolis; nominal fee for travel time (and tolls) if beyond 1 hr each way to/from Ocean/Burlington County. Still worth it.
All questions are welcome. Prospective clients receive a contract for consideration (attachment via return email).
Almost nothing is too much to rebuild or repair. Know what to do to keep your beloved boat sailing well for a long time to come!